Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Print On Demand - Bullet Proof Soul Revisted



"Bullet Proof Soul" was originally produced as a limited edition 12" vinyl record art print. The piece features recycled and remixed elements from nine different 1970s era movie posters, including Coffy, Game of Death, Cotton Comes to Harlem, and several others. It was inspired by an idea that I was exploring in a series of works under the working theme, "The Best Movies Never Made."

It didn't take long to sell the few that were made. I failed to keep one for myself, though. So it occurred to me that I should do a slight re-design and reformat it as a small 8x8" print so that I could have one on my wall.

Well, I made the alterations and printed the 2.0 version on a heavy, inkjet art paper made in Japan. Shortly after completion, several copies of this one were also promptly sold too.

While redesigning this piece, I also roughed out a brief synopsis of the film idea that I had in mind. I wanted to post it here along with the images, but can't seem to find the folder in which it was filed. So you'll just have to take my word for it when I tell you that it's bad ass––because it's pret-ty bad ass. Like a...like a sun-tanned sista' in apricot bikini bottoms. 




No comments:

Post a Comment