Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Leslie Uggams stars as 'Blind Al' in Deadpool?!?!?! Oh yes, the universe has jokes!!!

Leslie Uggams plays Blind Al in Deadpool

No sooner did I finish writing that related post when I happened across news that the illustrious Leslie Uggams plays 'Blind Al' in the Marvel Comics film, Deadpool. I haven't seen the film, but I worked on this and other posts featured here well in advance of the dates that they're posted to the web. So I already know that Deadpool has completely murdered box office records. Good for Ryan Reynolds and for Marvel. I really don't have anything special to say about Ms. Uggams playing the role of Blind Al (originally a white character in the comics), other than that her casting also falls firmly in line with my thoroughly detailed thoughts on the token black character frequently doing 'double duty' in Hollywood. But I will say that I enjoyed workin' on the graphic posted above; may have missed my calling as a graphic designer, methinks. Oh.


No comments:

Post a Comment